Macbook Pro REFRESH

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by ChrisL, Apr 13, 2010.

1. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

source
  2. ipodtouchpwns

ipodtouchpwns New Member

No i5 on the 13"?

Pass.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Guess it's just another one of Apple's strategies to force the consumer to spring for the 15" and make more money.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That's exactly what it is. Then, come this time next year Apple will most likely upgrade the 13" to an i5. It's all marketing.

Either way I'm very excited about this. After looking at it for a while, the update seems good to me... Even on the 13" model. A 10 hour battery is extremely impressive. The upgraded ghz and memory just add on to the greatness too. I was waiting for a refresh so I could buy the MacBook Pro to replace ny garbage computer and it's finally here. Now it's just a matter of time and a large amount of saving/selling.
  5. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well in essence, the 13 inch is really just the rebranded Aluminum unibody MacBook from 08
  6. ipodtouchpwns

ipodtouchpwns New Member

Which is exactly why I'm sticking with my '08 Unibody Macbook until there's a more substantial upgrade.
  7. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I returned my 13' for this. The current 4 hours I was getting was a joke, here's to hoping the new 13' actually makes it close to its advertised battery time.
  8. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    FINALLY!! i have been waiting for this forever my 2 and a half year old macbook (not pro) is starting to become outdated with its hardware and its battery life is sitting at about 3 hours at full charge. Ive worked that laptop hard but its time to go and get a 17" core i7 Macbook PRO!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Haha same, my Macbook is almost 2 years, so it's time for a new one

Please Register or Log in to view images

I don't think I'll need the power of an i7, but the way I set them up, the i7 is only $200 more than the i5.
  10. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    ????
    I thought people bought expensive Macs because they last for a decade and don't slow down because of sh*tware, so owners wont have to buy a new computer for 6 years or around that. If ur buying a new MacBook every 2 years, there not really a point to buying a Mac then, is there?