MacBook Pro - Hi-Res or Not?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Screamworks, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Screamworks

Screamworks Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a new MacBook Pro 17", (because I really do love the big screen) and then saw that in the customization options of the MacBook Pro 15" you can upgrade to a high-resolution screen (36% more pixels or something like that?) for AUD$140, and I was wondering, anyone who has bought this option, and can compare it to a normal MacBook Pro screen, is the difference overly noticable?
    I really like the idea of a higher resolution screen, (although not the idea that I have to move down 2" in the screen size -_-) and it's not really a question of value for the money of it, I just want to know if it's noticable?

Thanks so much guys,

Liam
  2. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The MacBook Pro 17' screen has a 1900 by 1200 resolution. That is really good and very high res.

The MBP 15 starts with 1440 by 900, which isn't BAD but isn't good either.

The optional 1680 by 1050 on the MBP 15' is great.
  3. Steelewise

Steelewise New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the high res screen and the regular screens are noticeably better the antiglare makes all the difference in the world! especially outside or in a brightly lit room. the regular screens have an almost glassy look that catches tons of light.
    also i had the 17" and now i have a 15 and i honestly like the 15 better and i dont feel like i have lost anything. the 17 is just a little too big hard to find a bag that fits it or a lap pad. spend the money bumpin up your ram you will be much happier.
  4. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    i got the 15 as well and its the perfect size