MacBook Pro freezing, not booting, Snow Leapord

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Yerffej, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Hey, I just got a refurbished Macbook pro last week, and it ran fine until a couple days ago. It started to freeze at random times, with little or no programs running.
    Also, it rarely boots up. I hit the power button and the little light shows that the computer is on, but I get no logo or startup noise. and other times, it beeps this loud tone several times.
    Anyone experience something similar to this? I have a 13" Macbook Pro with 2.53 Ghz processor, 320 GB HD, and 4GB ram with Snow Leopard. I have not done a fresh install of the OS, but I do have the disk if necessary. And its also under warranty.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Dec 4, 2007
    Do an Archive and Install. It will keep everything intact and leave a copy of your old System Folder. If that doesn't work you have a hardware problem.

Actually forget that for a sec. I just remembered what this probably is, it's you RAM. This happened one time on a Mac Mini of mine after a RAM upgrade. Open it up and make sure the RAM is seated properly. Check the System Profiler too and see if a RAM chip isn't recognized.