MacBook In Trouble!

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by mcarter7190, Sep 20, 2008.

1. mcarter7190

mcarter7190 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, so my roommate(and no this wasn't me and I'm just using him as a cover so I don't get embarrassed) decided last night he wanted to listen to music while in the shower. So he brings his MacBook and sets it down on a table in the bathroom(not actually in the shower with him). So after his shower, he brings his MacBook out of the room, and notices some water on it here and there. Then when he tries to connect it to power the charger doesn't flash green. There is no way of turning it on anymore either. So we went on Apple.com and checked the troubleshooting steps but had no luck.

So, is this something where the computer should be left alone for a little bit to get rid of the possible water that got in it or is he in store for a visit to the local Apple Store?
  2. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    put it near the boiler in a big box of dried rice--and leave it for a few days. It should absorb all the water. Worked when my iPod Nano went through the wash

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Nice! i never thought about the dried rice...
  4. nick.m

nick.m New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Condensation my friend, when a cool object is take into a room which has a warm shower running, steam from the shower will fill the room, thus when it cools it will become water. So your mates laptop could be a bit more damaged then he thinks.