MacBook Help needed!

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by mclaurin10, Aug 9, 2008.

1. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi guys, this was originally posted in the Apple MacBook Pro discussion forum so don't yell at me for the context.

Anyway just looking for some advice, here goes.

I got a brand new MBP 17'' 7200rpm 200GB and a HD Matte screen, ordered through the apple online store to my house in Wyoming. I live at roughly 7,000 feet so high altitude.

Anyway when I opened the laptop i noticed that there was what appeared to be a bubble below the track pad, pushing it up from below. I called apple, mostly because the bubble was preventing me from doing the 3 finger swipes consistently.

Well, they sent me a box and me, being reluctant to send back my brand new laptop kept and used it for a couple of days, in those days my constant use dispersed the air around the pad, it is still there, and visible, but doesn't prevent the three finger swipes anymore.

has anyone else had this experience? Do you think this is because the laptop was at high altitude?

Also, do you think apple will still replace the track pad, even though the 3 finger swipe is more consistent now, after all it happened after it was corrected after I called apple care. Remember the air is still mostly viable.

And lastly, the apple guy I talked to said that this might count as "DOA" or Dead on Arrival, what is apples procedure for DOA Products?

Thanks for all of the help
  2. danielguitar15

danielguitar15 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well i'm not sure about what caused your problem, but i do know that when in comes to "DOA" products for apple they will give you a new laptop for free.
  3. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

i got a DOA but didnt do anything about it until a month later. mine came with a chip in the side and the screen was bent. bad idea. i had to go into the store and chew them out for an hour just to get it replaced. if it bugs you then send it back. i mean i wouldnt want a bubble under my trackpad.
  4. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    And when you say "if its DOA they send you a new one" does that mean a brand new like boxed from the apple store, or a refurb one?

By refurb I mean one that doesn't come in a black MBP box with a MBP on it, the refurb ones come in a generic brown box.
  5. danielguitar15

danielguitar15 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The only replacement mac they will give you will be brand new, never refurbished.