MacBook crashed, Pictures and Contacts from Touch to Mac??

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by schmani, Mar 26, 2008.

1. schmani

schmani New Member

Hi,

the HDD of my MacBook just broke so i lost all my files. I have been able to restore the music using Senuti.
    But I don't know to get the pictures and contacts from my Touch back on my MacBook. Anyone know how to do this? Maybe via SSH? (never did this before)
    These pictures and conctacts are really important to me so i don't want to lose them.
    Hope some of you know how to solve this,

schmani
  2. freeskier44

freeskier44 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yahh
    ssh would work
    search around here
    many ssh guides
  3. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. yz85 rider

yz85 rider Banned

Just ssh into your ipod. Then take your mobile contacts folder out then mobilephotos or whatever that is called.
  5. schmani

schmani New Member

Thanks for yur help, I appreciate it.
    But I think i figured out a way how to do this:

With File Juicer (http://echoone.com/filejuicer/) you can extract the Picutres from the database-file stored on the iPod. It can also open and convert the AdressBook files but you just get a sqllite-database and can't import it into the AdressBook.
    (I installed SQLite and tried to find a query to get all the data out of it, export it as a csv and reimport it, but don't even try it...

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

If iTunes is set to manually manage the sync, it automatically adds the contacts and calendar-entries to your Mac.
    I just tried it with the bookmarks and for some reason it didn't work there and all of my bookmarks on the iPod were overwritten. But with AdressBook and Calendar everything should work out

Please Register or Log in to view images