Macbook Air?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by whatproblems, Jan 15, 2008.

1. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    yea, it looks pretty nice

how would the durability of something like this be?

and is there a CD/DVD rom drive built in? i didn't see that anywhere...

it has some Remote Disc thing where it will connect with another Apple or PC to read a disc in the drive... some nice technology there... what a waste..
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No theres no optical drive. Apple have sn optional usb superdrive. Personally i dont like the air as it still has roughly the same footprint as the macbook pro, albeit thinner. For me, thinner is not smaller, smaller footprint is key.
  3. Timothy__Ratner

Timothy__Ratner New Member

Size does not matter to me. I prefer a computer with great features. That's all I need. The way the MacBook Air looks nice is a bonus for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It fits inside a Manila Envelope! Ahem, size does not matter.
  4. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apple is just trying to rake in the money with that computer...If they wanted, they could've gotten someone to make a ultra-thin CD/DVD drive for the AIR...But instead they give you the option to buy a...I think 200$ external CD/DVD drive...Or you can hassle around with the Remote Disc feature, which I doubt hardly anyone who get's the AIR would actually do that, seeing as if they buy the AIR, they are obviously rich enough to buy a external CD/DVD drive...They are using "The Worlds thinnest notebook" as a gimmick to jack the price up a bit in my book...Almost $2000 for that...I'd rather build a PC for $1000 maybe a little more and get more performance out of that...
  5. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    True, apple makes innovative and amazing products but in performance they always compromize. I wanted to buy macbook pro but since it was too expensive for me I got a dell notebook thats roughly about the same size with similar and more features, with double the performance for 1.4k instead of 2k+ apple wants for their macbooks.
  6. IlluminatedTouch

IlluminatedTouch New Member

The optical drive, the one that connect via the USB is only 99 bucks...
  7. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Imagine you've just bought MacBook Air for $1700. Would you buy an optical drive that is an OPTION for $100 as an addition to your already expensive laptop??
  8. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

i dont see the point of it... same specs as macbook pro exept thinner. Is it really worth the extra money?

and they say its the worlds thinnest, i thought that sony vaio was .75 inches thick. false info by apple? or do they say because the thinnest part is .16 that makes it thinner. Well, why doesn't Dell stick a piece of alluminum foil of the edge of their laptop and call it worlds thinnest?
  9. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

are you going to use a manilla envelope as a case?

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I want it. I just got a MacBook, so I'm kind of pissed. But it's awesome, I don't care if it doesn't come with a CD drive or anything, it's awesome.