MacBook Air SUCKS!

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by nineinchnels, Jan 21, 2008.

1. nineinchnels

nineinchnels New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    yeah yeah so this new macbook air...

is it cool? is it gay?
    i'd say it looks sexy as hell, but overall it blows

no cd drive?! that sh*ts standard in 2008.

one usb port. seriously. come on.

80 gig hard drive???

NO REPLACEABLE BATTERY. retarded.
    the macbook air cant be customized or upgraded really at all.

what do you guys think?

is it good? will you be getting one?
    just wondering what everyone else thinks, here.
  2. Timothy__Ratner

Timothy__Ratner New Member

You're obviously missing the point of the MacBook Air. It is meant for travellers.
  3. padsquad43

padsquad43 New Member

you connect the disk drive
    use a usb splitter
    if you need more than 80 gigs you dont need a laptop do you?
    i aint got money.
  4. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well...Seeing as how I don't even have the money in the first place really to purchase one...No. But if I did...No. Like you said, I think it's really cheap of Apple to not include a CD Drive inside...They could've easily asked someone to make an ultra thin CD drive to include...But my theory is they purposely didn't include one, so you would have to buy their external CD Drive for like...100$ whatever it is.

So in my opinion...Only Apple fan boys would buy the product just so they can say they have it and that they think Apple is the best..

*Edit - And to the guy above me...All laptops are meant for traveling actually..So i'd rather take a cheap PC that includes all the features and such like a standard CD Drive atleast...
  5. nineinchnels

nineinchnels New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Evalocity

haha yeah evalocity is totally right.

laptops are meant for travelers, i know. so the macbook air is just meant to be more portable. however, if you have to carry around a usb splitter , external hard drive and cddrive then your really losing the portability factor of the macbook air
  6. kint

kint New Member

Already pre-order mine!!! now i own the macbook pro and the only time i use the cd- drive was to upgrade to leopard!!!
  7. Timothy__Ratner

Timothy__Ratner New Member

If I were to get a MacBook Air for non-traveling purposes, I would wait 5 or 6 months until they release a newer version of the computer, when it can be used for office purposes and travelling purposes.
  8. minja3418

minja3418 New Member

i heard that you can use your other pc's optical drive so you can stream stuff over to the macbook air...

yess 1 usb sucks... they also shouldnt release it yet and wait for the usb 3.0

1 fire wire.. which no one really uses..

and like 3000 bucks for a solid state 64 hard drive...

but if you drop it.. its pretty good..

my rating would be a 6.5/10

hopefully they add the new features like the trackpad and the light up keyboard to the normal macbook and macbook pro
  9. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    everyone here is missing the point. the macbook AIR!!!! it has air in its name for a reason. first of all, people that buy this buy it for traveling. it's lightweight and extremely thin, the perfect type of computer that any traveling business man would want. second of all, if you travel a lot, you don't have time for games. the software is already installed on it, so no need for a cd-rom. and you say that you need it for installing ms office 08, well just remotely connect to your pc or mac's drive and install away. and like i said, its made to be really really thin. you have to make sacrifices to be that skinny. its like models, they throw up, walk on a runway, and make millions of dollars. sacrifices<REWARDS
  10. nineinchnels

nineinchnels New Member

Device:
    iPhone