MacAlly iVoiceIII and an iPod Touch 1G on 2.2fw...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by iPeed, Dec 29, 2008.

1. iPeed

iPeed New Member

Howdy, Folks!

Okay - let's look here:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122042

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118328

Supposedly, no modding is required; plug it in and it works.

Now, there's the software part of it...

I don't need Skype or Fring or any other software to make phone calls. All I wanna do is record audio on my iPod Touch 1G. Specifically, just short voice notes.

I see there's stuff on the iTunes Apps store that will do this.

Unfortunately, when I have attempted to install something like VoiceNotes or any of the other freeware Apps that would allow me to do this via iTunes, I get a pesky message on the iPod Touch that says I cannot install this iPhone software.

I'd really like to know before I start buying things like Voxie Pro or Note2self or iRecorder if any of these apps will work at all with this hardware.

Now, per the following:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120295

**Note- some apps may require you to SSH the .app file into the ipod!**(thanks nathana)
    Heres a short guide on how to do this
    1) download wanted app on to computer
    2) find file location
    3) rename file from .ipa to .zip(or.rar)
    4) extract file
    5) drag the .app folder to /Applications on the ipod
    6) respring

Does this mean that to get any of these apps to work, I'll need to jailbreak the iPod(it hasn't been, yet), install OpenSSH onto it, and ssh into it to dump the app on?

Or...is there a simpler, more Apple Mac-like way - a supported app anyone can recommend to use with this mic, or some other installation method that I'm missing?

Any and all help would be appreciated; thanks in advance!
  2. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You sure this works? Because if this works then whats the point of going through the process of C******* an app if you just could rename it to .zip or .rar?
    Edit: I just tried it and it works, but i noticed that if this works then this is just like Cr***** apps
  3. iPeed

iPeed New Member

No technical responses, so...

...blew $1.99 on Voxie Pro.

Works perfectly on the 1G iPod Touch with a MacAlly iVoiceIII connected. AWESOME app, BTW.

The microphone is perfect, BTW - the sound is really crisp and clear.

IMHO, apps like Voxie Pro are going to change email forever. One can now record and send stuff on the fly with no need for using a keyboard; have the iPod Touch in the car and record, send a voice message out to multiple folks/groups. Stores the message until a connection's available, then sends it. NICE.

Well worth the money for both, and Apple's not getting and additional $$$ from me for a new iPod Touch for the one feature that was wanted. W00t!
  4. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

Yea, ssh applications folder would work, but using install*** works the best. I can't say the name of the app cause it is not allowed.