Macally iVoice III or Macally iVoice III Pro on iPod Touch 2G?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Tigercat212, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Tigercat212

Tigercat212 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everyone!

I am typing this on my iPod Touch 2G so I cannot type a lot but I have a few quick questions about the Macally iVoice III and/or the iVoice IIIPro.

I have heard that it is possible to use the iVoice III with the iPod Touch 2G right out of the box without any mods. Is this true?

Secondly, both the iVoice and the iVoice Pro look very obtrusive and uncomfortable. I mainly want to try this with the Ocarina app from Smule. There is a way to get it on the Touch 2G but from the pictures I have seen, it looks not very easy to use because it is very wide. When using an app such as Ocarina, I would think that it would be hard to use the iVoice because you have to look over that giant mic. Is this just my interpretation or does it work well? Also, I know that for the Ocarina app, you need to blow at a certain location on the iPhone microphone. Does this work well on the Touch with the iVoice?

Lastly, which microphone should I get, the iVoice or the iVoice Pro? Which one is better, smaller and works better with Ocarina?

Sent from my iPod
  2. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As far as I know, it requires no mod for a mic to work on your Ipod, no jailbreak, nothing, it'll work fine, I would definitely suggest the normal Macally iVoice III because its cheaper and looks better to me, the Pro comes with a speaker but costs more and looks pretty ugly, I've heard that they work fine with Ocarina and many programs
  3. Tigercat212

Tigercat212 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It looks pretty big though. Does it block vision when using apps such as Ocarina?