iOS 3.1 Macally ivoice iii doesn't work

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by infomanicool, Sep 13, 2009.

1. infomanicool

infomanicool New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,
    Since my upgrade to the FW 3.1.1, my mic doesn't work. When i tried to use, it shows : "This accessory is not supported on this device."

Does somebody else have the same problem?

Thanks
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

It didn't work since 2.x
  3. infomanicool

infomanicool New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, it works between 2.2.1 to 3.0.
  4. cacophonyx

cacophonyx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have the same problem...

I updated to 3.1.1 yesterday, and, trying to use my Macally iVoice III on my 1st Gen iPod this evening, it's really odd - it worked for a few seconds, and then failed, saying first "This accessory is not supported by this iPod", and then "No microphone"...

What's really weird is that it's repeatable after a gap of half-an-hour or so..

I wonder if it's possible to return it to an earlier firmware version. Might try that, just to confirm the microphone isn't fried. Most worrying!

Cheers

james
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I tried downgrading to 3.0.0 and it worked fine.. I'm not quite sure what to do now... I might pop into the Apple Store tomorrow and bother a Genius.

Anybody else got any clever ideas?
  5. ZingZonZot

ZingZonZot New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey I'm have the exact same problem with mine it was working flawlessly until I updated the firmware to 3.1.1 it worked for like 20sec. Then shut off leaving a pop up reading "this device doesn't support this iPod" never had this problem since the 2.1.1 and the 3.0 it worked fine Apple must've messed somthing up withthat new update cause my mic isn't working for crap any more maybe if I roll back to 3.0 it will shame I really wanted to try out this new firmware update too but knowing that the update doesn't support my mic and knowng that the media shortcut doesn't work any more when ever I want when I'm in another app I thought updates were meant to fix things not destroy them (like most updates do)

"I have a 2G iPod touch btw in case anyone is wondering"
  6. skepticzone

skepticzone New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Me too. Really mad about it. I need this to work to do my work. Will look into downgrading to 3.0.
    Is there a step=by=step guide?
  7. LaB2000

LaB2000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah same here... Really irritating! I use my ipod touch 2nd generation to record with macally iVoice III stereo via line in from the mixing board. But since 3.1.1 update I get these random "this device doesn't support this iPod" . Sometimes it works , but mostly not... can't have a "maybe" working device. Any workaround?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    How did you roll back to 3.0?
  8. rupert

rupert New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the same problem. I still works with the ivoice pro (which i also have as wanted one with a speaker) but not with the ivoice iii. therefore useless if you want to use the ipod as a phone (as the pro feeds back due to not being able to turn off the speaker manually). I am on a 1st gen ipod touch
  9. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Everybody here with the first gen iPod touch should know that fact that in line microphone/headphone are incomaptible with the 3.5mm jack
  10. rupert

rupert New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sure but there is audio in through the dock connector so the macally ivoice works