Mac vs. PC [SERIOUS] A real Thread.

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by iDan, Jul 30, 2008.

1. iDan

iDan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, I just wanted to make a thread about Mac vs. Pc's that didnt consist of utter jibberish Ex.
    I mean seriously looking at that thread makes me sad.

So lets ask - What makes the Pc better than the Mac? Or Vise Versa

PC enthusiasts argue that PC's are more gamer friendly and are faster depending on what kind of PC they buy.
    That Pc's are more customizeable, user friendly, easy to use.

Macs seem to be the dominant computer (atleast to me) as they are virus free(No more worrying about Virus Safety/Protection!), and if they CAN RUN nearly everything PC's can with the use of bootloader.
    They are user-friendly and as apple says they work perfectly since the whole system is built by the same people.
    Customer support is easier - (I know this - I have a PC and I had a internet connection problem with which I called customer supports for 4 hours and still didnt get an answers [Called Microsoft, Toshiba, etc.])

Both systems have their pros and cons and at the moment it seems like the Mac is an obvious winner.

Macs PROS:

No viruses
    Power Effecient
    Sleek Design
    User Friendly
    Mac runs Windows and Windows can't run Mac
    Customer support
    Some Programs Windows can't run since Windows can't run Mac (ex. Final Cut Pro)
    Alot FASTER.
    More organized
    Faster bootup & Shutdown and better stress multifunction

Macs CONS:

You can't really customize it other than components
    More expensive compared to SOME PC brands (ex. HP, acer)
    Less popular (Less Macs then Pcs)
    Less media function

Windows PROS:

More gamingly versitile
    More popular and some programs only work or have worked with Pcs [ex. Solid Works]
    A bigger variety of upgrades
    Extremely customizeable!
    Vista is pretty. (So is Mac's operation system)
    System Restore helps alot
    Files are never permenantly lost [You can always recover them if you're good enough with computers]
    Easier to use Explorer

Windows CONS:

Viruses, ADWARE, keyloggers!
    Customer support
    Slower [some brands vs. Macs]
    Error messages!
    May be more expensive.
    Windows can't run Mac's operation system (yet.)
    Slow bootup and shutdown (Takes ages to shutdown on my PC - like fifteen minutes >.>)

I might of missed something but please COMMENT

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I love macs just because of their aesthetics.
  3. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Mac's Have the BEST UI. I mean for real.
  4. iDan

iDan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm.. >.>
  5. evel_king

evel_king New Member

So far all opinions.
  6. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Mods, close this thread, before it gets out of hand
  7. therealduckie

therealduckie Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    A few mistakes here

I have a Mac Mini and I was able to buy parts from NewEgg for super cheapo and install them in my Mini with minimal effort. Took me 30 minutes, at the most, to change out a part.

As for price, they are SLIGHTLY more expensive because they use top of the line parts. How many PCs do you know of that have Optical digital audio as standard? Or DVD burning? Or even Bluetooth?

As for that sadly misinformed statement about Macs having 'Less media function':
    Front Row, Quicktime, iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, iPhoto, GarageBand, and much much more. All of them come standard.

For the same thing on a PC you would have to buy separate apps for up to thousands of dollars.

Why? It's in the right section and it's a valid topic.
  8. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

youre an idiot. threads only get out of hand when some retards come posting nonsense but i dont see how a mature and reasonable discussion about computer can get out of hand. and fyi, ANY thread can get out of hand if stupid people ruin it. so u cant just close every thread that comes up

but anyways back on topic. i can see the pros that macs have but honestly for the ridiculously high prices i dont think they offfer enough. i mean everything in the mac is made by apple. hard drive, monitor, memory. all that. that makes customization a pain in the ass. the OS sucks. its not as pretty as vista (even though it might be more stable)

but i think pc's are just more consumer friendly than mac. plus with the exception of the ipod touch and iphone, i have the deepest hate in my soul for apple's monopolizing ass
  9. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No, you're the idiot.

I can tell this thread is just going to turn into another Mac and WIndows fight.
  10. doctornakul

doctornakul New Member

What I consider top of the line parts (and most of the world) for a computer are not superficial things that you mention (though most new PCs have dvd burners and laptops have bluetooth. I'm sure some pcs come with optical audio, or a card that can add it). They are things like a quad core processor(like a qx9950), lots of fast ram, 10000 rpm hard drives and a 9800 gx2 or a 4850. In my experience, these things don't matter to Mac users, who like things such as aesthetics or style as opposed to actual computing power.