MAC users that are having problems with the osx or jailbreak.jar / 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by phoenix.stu, Nov 12, 2007.

1. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu New Member

"Ok, looks like I got it to work. Unfortunately, simply clicking the "osx" executable is not going to work. If you're not in Terminal, and not in the right Current Working Directory (CWD), that file is not going to find the JAR file it needs. What yall need to do this:

Download and extract the file to your Desktop. It should extract to something called "1".

Now, open Terminal, at the prompt, type:
    This will put you in the "1" folder, and allow "osx" to see the JAR file (hint: If you type: pwd, you should see the path to the "1" folder).

Now, execute "osx" by typing:
    There you go that will work.

I will make a more detailed version on the whole jailbreak process for MAC users later tonight when I get home.

UPDATE*
    If you're getting strange Errors (such as "Cannot connect to device") trying to do the 1.1.2 Jailbreak then try downloading this file: http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/61509655/opt.zip.html and then just drag the opt folder into the root directory of your computers hard drive.
    Also make sure that the "1" folder is on your Desktop, Then open Terminal and follow the above steps.

Let me know if this works.
  2. ChileTouch

ChileTouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks, but many mac users are having this issue:

seems to be a problem with jailbreak.jar not using the right iphuc (PPC in my case).

I've downloaded a universal build of iphuc and replaced them both (iphuc and iphuc.ppc) with no success.

just running iphuc.ppc does work. I can enter the ipot and look around. So I know there's no problem with the actual connection.

heeelp
  3. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu New Member

I will check into that.
  4. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu New Member

Updated. Let me know
  5. florky666

florky666 New Member

I am getting the following : This utility can only be used if you have already run OktoPrep before updating to 1.1.2.
  6. hoppalong

hoppalong New Member

1.1.2 through mac

I didn't bother with eighter the OSX file, or terminal. I just double clicked the jar file from desktop after unzipping. Went like a dream. Here I am. 1.1.2, free as the bird with all the apps. Thanx for all the work you folks put into this

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. florky666

florky666 New Member

for me either by clicking on the jar files, or in command line, I have the same issue, clicking on install ssh or not as well. Should I only install the installer and directly click in Tweak 1.1.1/oktoprep and that's it or should I install/launch something else ???? How to launch oktoprep as mentionned in the error message?
  8. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu New Member

Ok, first you need to completely restore to 1.1.1 through itunes. Then go to http://jailbreakme.com
    * scroll to the bottom and ONLY install AppSnapp
    * ONLY install the oktoprep
    * Go to iTunes option click the update button and choose the 1.1.2 file
    * Let it go.
    * When finished then follow the jailbreak instructions. NOTE some have clicked on the jailbreak.jar with no problems and some have to enter the commands that I have included above.

Do it EXACTLY this way and there should be no problems. For the ones that have problems with the cannot connect then use the method I described above.

Let me know.
  9. florky666

florky666 New Member

I have no connectivity problem anyway, as when I type ./iphuc I have the prompt

iphuc 0.6.1 with tab completion.
    >> By The iPhoneDev Team: nightwatch geohot ixtli warren nall mjc operator
    CFRunLoop: Waiting for iPhone.
    notification: iPhone attached.
    AMDeviceStartService 'com.apple.afc': 0
    (iPHUC) /:

So will try again , nothing else than the oktoprep need to be installed ? should the permission of the 1 folder need to be set to something particular ?
  10. phoenix.stu

phoenix.stu New Member