[Mac] Untethered Jailbreak for iPod Touch 2G!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by porgester, Mar 20, 2009.

1. porgester

porgester New Member

Jan 27, 2008

This is probably one of the easiest ways to jailbreak your iPod out there. Many thanks goes to 'Jaikob' or 'AlphaJaikob' on YouTube for creating a excellent piece of software.

Here is the link to my video on YouTube that includes everything you will need to easily Jailbreak your iPod:-

In the video description there is a link to a folder that provides everything for you. The download is quite big but thats because I have included a pre-made 'Custom Firmware' for you so you can restore with it in iTunes.

There is also an UnOfficial READ-ME that was created by me that will explain everything to you.

All you will need to do is put you iPod into DFU mode then click 'Start DFU Pre-Boot' button. When this has done just restore with the 'Custom Firmware' that is included in the Untetherizer folder.

Everything is in the YouTube video, Go check it out!
    Thanks George!
  2. clock2113

clock2113 Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Nice! Followed your tutorial, seemed to work great... it took about 5 minutes to get past "verifying" the firmware, so I got really worried, but it seems to have worked; I have cydia and installer on there at least...

As soon as iTunes finishes restoring all my store-bought apps I'll report...