Mac Pro, Mac Mini and iMac Speculation

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by ZunePod, Feb 22, 2009.

1. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    With the Apple Desktops due and update anytime soon I figured that i could give you a list of what rumours are out there and using my own common sense I will say what i think will be in them.

Mac Pro:

Rumours say a release of around late march, in accordance of the release of the Beckton processor (8-core, this would allow 16-core performance)

iMac:

It's suggested for a Quad-core (64-bit) version along with a Dual-core (32-bit) version. This would be reminiscent of the news that Snow Leopard will enhance on 64-bit machines.

Mac Mini:

A photo was posted a few days ago showing a Mac Mini with 5 USB ports, a Mini-Display port (which will be on all new releases of macs from now on) and the caption on the photo reported that the new Mini would use the 9400M Graphics chip found in the Aluminium MacBooks (Released 14th October) and also. From this knowledge i would think that apple would offer 4GB of RAM and a 500GB HDD (although I doubt the latter somewhat)

My Thoughts (I doubt anyone will read this, but meh):

I think that the Mac Pro will be released early April and to have 2 8-core processors (16-core in all) and to have DDR3 1066 (maybe 1333) RAM, or more likely FB-DIMM. Also allowing GPUs with freakishly high clock speeds and more support for CrossFireX and SLI. I feel that Apple should offer the 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda as an option for the Hard Drive.

I feel that the iMac will have a slightly different design (maybe widescreen 16:9) and the plate below the screen will be shorter. I hope that they have ports on the side, although I can see why apple put all the ports on the back in the first place, I still think that this is sufficient.

The Mac mini will probably be the most interesting to see what happens, especially with that Video and Photo being released a few days ago.
    I really do hope that it has a 9400M or maybe 9600GT 9but i doubt the latter)

Well there's my report on what i think and what plain logic tells us.

Release dates:

Mac Pro: March 29 - April 1st
    iMac : Before April 1st
    Mac Mini: Before April 1st

There is a high chance that they will all be released at the same time, but the new Mac Pro cannot be released before March 29th because the processors that it is rumoured to have are being released then, if tyey don't use these processors then the new one will be highly similar to the old one and I would suggest only cosmetic changes
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sources? Or just your own pure speculation?
  3. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh, most of it is from http://www.macrumors.com/

and then some is just from logic.

eg. The Beckton processor is being released March 29, and seen as the current Mac Pro uses Quad-core processors, the Beckton is the next one up, so it makes sense that they would use this one, and they can't release it before March 29, so it should be shortly after
  4. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iMac release date before April 1st! Hope that's true. I need a new computer for work and school.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

yeah! march 29 is my b-day! i rly want an 16 core monster!!!! LOL
  6. mcdavid68

mcdavid68 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    mac mini seems like the best thing here, with that hardware it will be replacing all medium desktops soon

whats the processor?
  7. River

River New Member

I have the last version of the MacMini (Rev C - Intel Core Duo, and MAX pimped out!) and it's the bomb for what I use it for. If they do release a better one, my current one will go into my Jeep as the carputer.