Mac OS X Login Wallpaper Help

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by justgreg17, Oct 19, 2010.

1. justgreg17

justgreg17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello,
    I changed my login wallpaper on my mac (iMac) awhile ago. I downloaded an application from the internet and don't recall what it was called. I want to change it back to the standard Mac OSX login wallpaper. I tried using various applications to change it but it wont change at all. I even went through the finder file system to change it. How can I restore it?

Thanks,
    Greg
  2. iTam

iTam Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Did it happen to be Loginiox?
  3. justgreg17

justgreg17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That was the app I used! I clicked restore default wallpaper but it didn't change. I tried changing it to another wallpaper and it didn't change as well.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Dr. Sonic

Dr. Sonic Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Did you put in your admin password correctly? I think Loginox is only for Snow Leopard are you using 10.5 or 10.6? I had no problems changing my login wallpaper.

there is a manual way to this: from your main hard drive not your home folder goto /System » Library » CoreServices and then drop in the original default desktop wallpaper and then do that authorize thing and log out and it should be back as the original desktop wallpaper

I'll upload this for you if you need the original login screen for 10.5 or 10.6

DefaultDesktop.jpg