Mac Only?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ssj20, Sep 16, 2008.

1. ssj20

ssj20 New Member

Hello all, my ipod touch has been stuck on stupid lately and for some reason the only way i can restore it successfully is taking it to the apple store (did it 2 times)

Now i ended up finding out that its my Itunes not my ipod and my itunes crashes everytime i try updating my ipod leaving my ipod stuck in restore mode and i cant restore it because i tunes crashes everytime i try.

So does anyone know what could be messing up my itunes? i already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it about 12 times thats not it.

**I also know everytime my ipod is trying to restore when i try to bring up the task manager an error pops up saying failed to initialize and right when itunes is done with the ipod task manager pops up***...so what does that mean? Why is itunes freezing and causing my ipod to shut off during update/restore?
  2. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

try going into DFU mode, and are you on the latest itunes? It's ITunes 8 BTW
  3. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

I'm on 7.7.1, Erm, Try re-installing iTunes?

DFU mode?

Myeh?

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ssj20

ssj20 New Member

Yes i have the latest verison on itunes. I was on the phone with apple and they couldnt help me fix the problem so they made an apointment for me at apple and when i brought it there they told me it has to be my computer because they detected no problems with my ipod.

Also everytime i put it in DFU mode itunes pops up and says Waiting for iPod and kicks it into Recovery mode...no matter how many times i do it.

Something is causing my itunes to crash on windows so are there any programs or something that can be doing this?