mac mini's

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by tylobedo, Jul 15, 2008.

1. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ok so i really want a mac and i recon that i could get around enought money by selling some stuff right know for one, however if i wanted tell my birth day i could buy a macbook, but thats along time away.

so i would be total gong hoo about mac mini buy i have a few issues/questions

ok so i would be getting the cheapest one. the only problem i have is the the 1.83 ghz. currently the pc i am running as 2.8 and i dunno how much a difference it would make. there is a 2 ghz one but its $200 more and thats just 2 much.i don't really understand what ghz are but people are crazy about them for some reason

Please Register or Log in to view images

i would problem upgrade the 1gig ram to a 2 gig. would this help make up for the 1.83 ghz? my current pc as 1gig of ram.

i don't think its possible to upgrade ghz, well not easy like taking the top off and plugging a chip in, but idk much about ghz
  2. ChikityChinaGuy

ChikityChinaGuy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    im guessing you're on your ipod because some of your sentences are pretty messed up.
    but im pretty sure ghz is the measure of the processors speed.
    the only way to upgrade processor speed is to upgrade your processor module.
  3. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

is your pc a dual core? if it is then your gonna experience BIG differences!
    If its not your gonna experience even BIGGER differences! I think if you upgrade to 2 gig you can MAYBE make up for the .2ghz
  4. H3X

H3X New Member

Have you considered buying off Ebay or installing OSx86? You can run Leopard on PCs for free you know.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You completely contradicted yourself right there.
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    1.83ghz with 2GB of ram is not to bad. That's the mini I have hooked up as my media center in my living room.

Definitly upgrade the HD 60GB fills up fast. I have CS3 installed and it runs kind of slow but it could just be an intell isue as most other applications run decently.

Mini's make great media centers with the right setup. But if you plan on doing more heavy things with it your better off waiting for a mac book or till you can aford to upgrade the mini a little better.

Hope this helps.
  7. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    <lies>yes I was on my iPod </lies> nah I am just bad with words, on my iPod know however

Nope it's not duel core forgot about that

Considering eBay and can't get any Osx86 to work with my pc ( tried kalyway, iatiokis, and a few more

Well I already have a 500gig external hard drive that I would probley use, even tho it's practically the size of the mini

Thanks for all the posts everyone!
  8. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol...

9. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I was just thinking that... lol

10. skyrocket

skyrocket New Member

I have a earlier Intel Mac mini, the Mac mini is a great starter Macintosh computer if you don't need a laptop.