Mac Mini

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by timach, May 9, 2008.

1. timach

timach New Member

Hey there, If i buy a mac mini since they're the cheapest mac do I need to by an Apple monitar. Because I herd remors of macs not wokring on PC monitars ... And if anyone lives in Canada how much do mac monitars start at or should i just buy a mac book or Imac?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it should work with a regular moniter...moniters aren't specially made for Mac or PC (except the apple brand ones of course

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. timach

timach New Member

Alrighty Thanks, And is a mac mini good and can do everything a normal one can, or should i save up for a MacBook or iMac?
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

i would advise not buying one just yet. new ones are supposed to come out soon.
  5. mitch88ell

mitch88ell New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you do buy ANY Mac, you got to also buy a DVI or VGA adapter for the Mac because Macs have a special port instead of a DVI/VGA
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't understand this, because on the back of the Mac Mini, there's a DVI/VGA port?

Also, for your question, a regular monitor should work fine. They aren't designed to specifically only work with one type of computer or operating system.
  7. teehee

teehee New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    All mac that have a built in screen have a mini-DVI port but the mac mini has a normal DVI port and comes with a DVI to VGA adapter.

I had a mac mini with an LG screen and it worked fine. The only problem with the mini is that the internal speaker is really bad so i would suggest buying external ones, and there is no isight camera. But other then that its a great computer.