Mac Mini/iPad vs iPad/iMac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by silentbenefactor, Jun 4, 2010.

1. silentbenefactor

silentbenefactor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello.

Well.. I need adivce on what to do ;p I was planning to buy my first Mac next month but since iPad came out I'm considering 2 options and I hope you can help me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. Buy a >Mac Mini< this year and iPad 2nd gen (if it will be released by then) in 2011. I have to say that I dont care about flash and especially not about camera in iPad (it is useless for me in that kind of device...).

2.Buy iPad next month and >iMac< next year.

Which option is more reasonable ? Im using my PC now mostly for watching movies, surfing web, printing notes for school (i can do it on even 10 year old computer, so..) and using MS Office from time to time. I like to play games sometimes but Im not 'hardcore' gamer anymore.

I will be grateful for any help which you can give me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

PS. Sorry for spelling mistakes but Im not English ;P
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    If you are running a 10 year old pc, I recommend option 1.
  3. silentbenefactor

Device:
    iPod touch
    No Im not... Actually I already have 1 year old notebook, so... I have wanted to say that printing stuff is not a big deal (on iPad you cannot print stuff, ehkm).
  4. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It's pretty hard... iMacs are refreshed in November anyway...

I would go with the iMac + iPad path though, but it's much more expensive.
  5. ((( Sunn Aphex )))

((( Sunn Aphex ))) New Member

Device:
    iPad
    iPad now

iMac next year or anytime after this november

you will be much happier in long run

iMacs are good computers
  6. silentbenefactor

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats the reason why Im considering these 2 otpions. I got enough money to buy Mac Mini OR iPad this year. But Im planning to work next holidays for 2 months so I will be able to afford iMac. But I just don't know if iPad is worth buying it...

PS. Are there any informations now about new 'November' iMacs ?
  7. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeh thats a good choice, iPads arent necessary ... or thats what i think...
  8. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If you plan to just play casual games and do silly things like web browsing and checking emails, then occasionally sit back and scratch the screen, then iPad it is. At least you don't have to sit upright and have a cup of coffee or wear a penguin suit while you use it.

If you absolutely can't live without being able to look at the beautiful files you just created in 1000 different applications and viewers even if some of them may heat up your device and cause a nuclear reaction. Or if you absolutely can't live without the fact that you need to be able to stream *******s, download movies and music, or convert movies and music like a maniac for every single second of your life while keeping the web browser open with 1000 tabs all pointing to the same Flash game, and you get to look at the beautiful desktop with clocks and such while all of that is happening and bogging the system down to a crawl, I'd say you get the Mac Mini first and just go on with the torture.

No, I'm just kidding. But anyways, think about your needs. Do you want a 3x bigger iPod Touch that has 4x the battery life in the worst case scenario and significantly better viewing angle and performance, or would you rather have a small computer that you can put under some monitor in the house and be able to do stuffs that you can do on your notebook, only this time, you're sitting at one location!?