[MAC] Is there a way to flash NOR?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by aewofij, Mar 11, 2009.

1. aewofij

aewofij New Member

Please tell me if I am missing something here, but is there any way to flash the NOR on a Mac? I've been searching through this forum for quite some time, but everything is just all over the place with releases left and right. I apologize if I had missed something, but I do hope I did, because it would be rather annoying to have to resync large amounts of music and lose application settings.
  2. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, make your own ipsw for a nor only flash but include the new LLB patches and bspatch the LLB, not through pwnage. Then on your ipod [TETHERED JAILBROKEN] you can just plug it in and hit restore in itunes so it goes to default 2.2.1. When it says preparing iPod, force quit itunes and then boot it as you would normally for tethered. It should boot into recovery mode. When it's in recovery mode, control+restore and restore with your nor only ipsw. I can't resdistribute the nor only ipsw and I did not make it, and I don't have permission from the creator. (NOT apple)
  3. aewofij

aewofij New Member

Thank you so much. Hopefully this will work.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh, wait, sorry. When you say make the .ipsw for the NOR only flash, would this be through Pwnage? Or should I find it included in some other jailbreaking package?
  4. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Find a tutorial on making a nor only ipsw.
  5. aewofij

aewofij New Member

Thank you again, and again, sorry for my apparent stupidity.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No, no, the stupid ones are the ones claiming OMG MY IPODS BROKEN!!!!!!!1111!!!!111!!!!