[Mac Fix] "Stuck in recovery mode"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ilikemonkeys, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ilikemonkeys

ilikemonkeys New Member

Dec 26, 2007
    Well, I had the same problem as most. Now I phoned Apple for some help, here is what they told me and what to do. This worked for me so here goes:

1. Delete any iPod touch software files. ~/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates/

2. Delete AppleMobileDeviceSupport.pkg and iTunesX.pkg from the Macintosh HD /Library/Receipts

3. Delete iTunes.app from ~/Applications/

4. Go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and download iTunes 7.6, I'm sure that this would also work good with iTunes 7.5. BUT YOUR iTUNES 7.6 MUSIC LIBRARY WILL NOT WORK WITH iTUNES 7.5 AND YOU WILL GET AN ERROR (unless you delete the iTunes library file in your iTunes folder)

5. Install iTunes and then reconnect your iPod to it. Download the Software update for 1.1.3. I'm not sure if you can do the Option+Click restore and choose the 1.1.2 update (whichever update works with 7.6).

6. Install the update you have and your iPod should just work.

I hope that all works for every Mac user who feels left out of the whole iPod hacking and support thing. It kinda sucks since after all the iPod is made by Apple and is where all the iPhone+iPod touch apps are developed.