Mac Book Rro or Equivilant Windows Laptop?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Unreal Boy, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Im getting a lap top and im wondering which type of lap top i should get.

I have never owned a Mac, but the other apple products I've had have exceeded my expectations.

The reasons I am considering a mac now is because i really hate windows vista, and every computer except macs has it!

I also like the idea of the apple TV and stuff...

So is it worth buying a mac?
  2. ALECMM61

ALECMM61 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    macbook pro simply destroys any other laptop out there i wish i got one instead of my blackbook.
    Really good for video editing hd footage type stuff (i.e final cut pro)

Don't go with windoze, the mac simply last longer and is a better investment.
    I use to be a windoze guy myself till i got myself a macbook, i rember the horror of problems i had with my older dell laptops..
  3. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was a windows guy a few weeks ago. And I absolutly hated vista worst thing ever, so many problems with everything.

Then I got a macbook pro. AMazing product, kills all windows laptops, and computers. Its super fast, no problems at all, no virus's, no need to update 100 things a day. Only a few updates every month. No need to buy anti-virus's or anything its perfect.

Seriously what your going to find on the market today all windows laptops are the same besides the people that make them. No matter how many you try its going to be the same.

Mac's are new, advanced, and the next generation. When I started using my mac it was so user friendly and SO easy to get started. Its such a simple machine, and theres no hidden files or leftovers from applications. Everything is a quick install.
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Get the Mac or a good PC and OSx86 the b*tch! I mean a windows PC can do anything a mac can, but its so bloated from years of adding new features and support for all kinds of hardware.

I read something the other day called the great RAM scam or something along those lines, basiclly saying how every version of windows even vista can only handle 4GB of ram max and when a PC is sold they always try to talk people into buying more RAM even though it will not be used. Even for gaming PC's people deck them out with 6, 8+ Gigs of ram and it still only uses 4 of them so the rest just sits there. if I find the link again I will post it.

A mac with leopard can handle up to 32GB of ram and use every bit of it. Snow leopard coming up this summer is said to handle up to 16TB of RAM.

While microsoft windows focuses on adding "fluff" a new feature hear a nice new skin there and more support for unheard of hardware, Apples OSX has always added more features, but at the same time they focuse on making it more efficient and take full advantage of the hardware it uses.

Get the mac you will love it and if you really need windows you can always dualboot.
  5. rapha

rapha New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had to make that same decision, and chose a Macbook Pro. Get one. You will not regret it. It is absolutely beautiful and runs like a dream. Get an Applecare plan too, just in case. As long as you are not computer illiterate, you will be able to do everything a windows machine can do and more.
  6. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

/facepalm

That's Vista x86... x64 can take as much ram as your board can fit. Pushing it on Vista / Windows 7 I can use more than 4GB of ram (Like 100 things open + I have 6GB of RAM). Anyone who is smart enough to have a 'gaming' PC with more than 4GB of RAM runs a copy of x64 Windows.

16TB of ram with Snow Leopard is theoretical. Just like the 2TB SD card.

Yeah, your Macbook Pro kills an i7 desktop and C2Q laptops...
    100 updates a day? Microsoft must be working overtime.

Windows laptops all being the same? I don't know what to say about that. I'll let you think about it and how dumb your logic is...
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Don't get a computer because you hate the Operating system. Get a computer based on what you do and what you need it to do. Since you hate Vista, put Linux on your computer then.

Tell us, what do you usually do now. And what are you hoping to do in the later future. Then we can truly craft what kind of computer you'll need.