Mac Air or Sony Vaio?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Wyatt2987, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Which is better?
  2. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

This is an Apple Fanboy Heaven... They WILL... Say Macbook Air.. Which VAIO?
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Neither....I prefer the Macbook Pro the most.
  4. Heltec

Heltec New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The macbook air is amazing. Mac air by far.
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Dont get the MacBook air get mackbook pro there is no hard drive in the air everything is saved via Internet. When they released it someone hacked it in 2 min at a hacking convention to see who could back which system first between the air/I don't know what brand was running windows/ and I think one running Linux, and the air was cracked first within two minutes the second day.

I'm done ranting, Mackbook pro or Sony
  6. Heltec

Heltec New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Stuff -is- stored internally, Idk where you heard it, it took 2 -days- to hack it, 3 for the macbook pro, and 1 for the windows.

You need to fact check with google before posting, plz

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    uhhh sony vaio vs. macbook AIR??

the sony wins obviously because it is thicker which means more hard drive/RAM/better video and sound cards.

the macbook air is only good if u would use it for internet and doing iWork stuff on an airplane. now how about comparing the macbook air to something as small and thin as it.
  8. eraserhead

eraserhead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thing I don't like about the MacBook Air is no optical drive, it is an ideal laptop for a secondary laptop for people on the go. But even so you end up with a bunch or peripherals. The Sony Vaio TZ series is just as portable, plus comes with an optical drive, and optional SSD. With a little tweaking you can get it to dual boot Vista and Leopard and have the best of both worlds.
  9. Heltec

Heltec New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

This is true. But its not a "little" tweaking. Its a month or two of solid work and partitioning for someone who knows what they are doing. If you dont know what your doing getting win hardware to run mac is impossible.
  10. arjayquizon

arjayquizon New Member

You, my friend, are the one who needs to Google. The Macbook Air was hacked in 2 minutes. Link here.

The Vista was hacked through Adobe Flash. So it was not Microsoft's fault the Vista machine was hacked in HOURS during the third day. Blame Apple and their Safari browser for the vulnerability.

Back to topic, choose the Macbook Air if you want something light and flashy. Choose the VAIO if you want a real decent, workable laptop. The Air is great, but its all air, and full of hot air.

P.S. Tech specs on the VAIO would help us help you.