MAC Address spoofing - Possible on a 2G?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ben333, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Ben333

Ben333 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I did a lot of googleing before I decided to register somewhere and ask about this, but hopefully I'll get an answer. I've tried a couple of methods that I found on Cydia, one of which is called "spoofMAC" which couldn't be any more simple, but no luck for it actually working. Can the MAC be spoofed at all on the 2nd Generation iPod Touch? If not then why? Will a solution be found?

If anyone has a good answer, it would be nice to put this question to death by either saying that it isn't possible yet, won't ever happen, or a new app/method simply needs to be made.
  2. Anonymoose23

Anonymoose23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The MAC can not be spoofed on the 2nd Gen Ipod Touch. Or atleast not yet. Apple probably found a way to lock the MAC address to your Ipod. No clue when a solution will be found, if its even possible.
  3. Ben333

Ben333 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks. I was also wondering something - I used QuickFreedom to jailbreak my 2G with 2.2.1, if I upgrade in iTunes to the new 3.x.x firmware, will my iPod still be jailbroken and will my music be erased? Is there a free method to get the new firmware?

Thanks,
    Ben