MAC Address Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NitrogenTSRH, Feb 15, 2010.

1. NitrogenTSRH

NitrogenTSRH New Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Hey guys. I'm new to the forums and I have a question I was hoping one of you could assist me with.

I am using the iPod Touch Third Generation 8GB running firmware version 3.1.3. I have been blocked through the routers at my workplace and college from accessing the WiFi there, however, I can connect on my laptop. This block is due to MAC Address Filtering on their routers which I cannot change.

I have been searching Google for hours trying to find a way to spoof or clone my MAC address but to no avail. I must have a jailbroken device, and I do not have my iPod jailbroken. I did come across this link, however:

The link that the article provided to download this software was broken, however, I dug it up after furiously searching. I have attached that as well.

So, my main question is, does anyone know of how I can spoof my MAC address without JailBreaking? Maybe someone could tell me if the software I attached is for jailbroken devices or not, and if it would work on my iPod, how I could install it.

Ultimately, if jailbreaking is absolutely necessary, I will do it, but I cannot find any resources on how to jailbreak the Third Gen iPod on FW 3.1.3. Someone please help so I can stop pulling my hair out.

Attached Files: