MAC address filterting

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iversonRMS, Aug 24, 2008.

1. iversonRMS

iversonRMS New Member

Hey I just recently moved in my dorm room and realized we have wireless internet. The security is WPA2 Enterprise and I can connect with my Mac no problem. But when I tried to connect using my Ipod, pages never load and most of the time I get a false IP addresses. I'm pretty sure there is a MAC address filter and I want to try to spoof my MAC address. The campus library has a network made for the iphone/touch and this works flawlessly (I assume it works because of no MAC filtering) but the coverage doesn't reach my dorm. I read that using Term-VT100 and typing in some stuff in (ifconfig en0 ether 00:00:00:00:00:00) you can spoof, but the app store doesn't have VT100. I bought the TouchTerm app because it has terminal emulation, but I don't know how to use it. What do I put in for server, port, and username? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cydia<MobileTerminal
    login
    root
    alpine
    "ifconfig en0 ether 00:00:00:00:00:00"
  3. iversonRMS

iversonRMS New Member

So I have to jailbreak to get Cydia and then install MobileTerminal? I'm on a mac and I don't think there is a way to jailbreak 2.0.2 on a mac yet? Any ideas on how to do it with TouchTerm or am I screwed? Thanks.
  4. River

River New Member

For that information, research the Computer Use document when you registered, or from the University's' Webpage. If you're using WPA2, you might have to contact the Network Admins as well. Good luck with that.
  5. iversonRMS

iversonRMS New Member

Ok so hypothetically, what is the server and username thing? Do IP addresses go in there or MAC addresses or what? Anyone ever used TouchTerm? I'm just trying to get to the terminal emulation screen. The TouchTerm website isn't much help because it just says "After you've connected...." but I can't even get that far.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump...