mac 7 on ipod?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by berky93, Feb 8, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I just found this awesome application that you install to your flash drive and it runs mac os 7 straight from your flash drive in a window. it requires no reboot or anything to run, just the ability to launch programs from the flash drive.

anyway, there is a version already formatted for macs, so my question is if it would be possible to port this over to the ipod touch? it could run just like openttd or any other app.

heres the link to get this awesome software:

LINK

if you scroll to the bottom of the page you can download the whole thing already set up, so if you want it on your flash drive you dont need to do anything. plus it comes with a few applications!
  2. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh my god, being so accustomed to my wonderful Leopard, those screenshots made me cringe

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. berky93

berky93 New Member

lol yeah I have vista, when I saw that my first thought were "wtf theres not even color!"

but I think this could work. the files only take up like 50mb maximum on my flash drive, and if you remove things that arent necessary such as system sounds or the zipped versions of the install files, it could be less.

and if this were to work it could be in portrait mode and it would look as if the pixels are normal size. plus then the keyboard would be functional.

someone try it, this could be amazing. plus it could then be used to use any old (rally old) mac program on the ipod touch.
  4. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    EDIT:
    I lied, I just found it. Im going to do it now.
  5. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    How do you extract the bin file? Part im stuck at.
  6. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Me too,
    This is supposed to be for a mac.
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

thats why theres a pre-compiles and set up version at the bottom of the page. just drag hfs24m.dsk to mini vmac and it will launch.

for coding and porting uses, I have no idea if what is in the premade one is enough or if the other one is needed or what. I suck at this

8. kilty

kilty New Member

Im not someone who writes code or anythin, but im curious...what exactly would be the benefit of this? Or is it just a cool cause i can do it kinda thing...cause im all for that, too. Just wondering...

Those pics really bring back memories tho. Ah...how far we've come...
  9. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

it won't run on your touch because you cant access the harddrive. I was think yday of Linux back on the iPod, maybe that could be possible again

10. spinner

spinner New Member

Mac on a stick! Lol, thats funny as hell! But seriously, this would be a really sweet app!