lyrics?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whatproblems, Sep 22, 2007.

1. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    alright, this may sound like a noobish question, but i haven't found the answer...

how the hell do i view the lyrics for a song on the iPoT?
  2. Matt

Matt New Member

No, it's not noobish at all, I haven't seen them yet either. I hope they didn't take them out to separate the Touch from the Classic and Nano [/joke].

Seriously though, I have a widget that adds the lyrics to songs automatically, and I check them on podcasts to see what they're about.
  3. sallycinnamon

sallycinnamon New Member

I really hope there is a way to store lyrics cos I'm really anal w/having lyrics on my ipod. i have found no way as of yet, so I'm presuming apple have not included this feature.
  4. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

there is this really, really awesome method i use. open the web browser, point it to Google, and then type the name of the song. like magic, the various sites that have that very information appear before you. all you have to do is TAP the one you want to see, and there they are!!

sorry for being a wise ass, i have been waiting for a chance like this

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    yea LOL I have a widget that adds them too... this is very odd.. might swing by the mall tomorrow and ask them whats up with it
  6. sallycinnamon

sallycinnamon New Member

Jees..nintendodude! Lol. Of course we all know how to FIND lyrics but I want to know how to display them on the Ipod Touch...is that such a big ask?
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i dont recall mentioning a widget, but yes, there is a widget for the mac and a gadget for the pc, that grab the current plyaing itunes lyrics.
  8. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yah but he wnats to know if there's a option on the iTouch itself to view lyrics, what if he's not in a wifi hotspot?

Cheers,
    Ben.
  9. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

well, you would have to download a special lyrics file for EVERY SINGLE song in iTunes, embed it into the tag, then transfer the info to the iPod. each song would be a few KB larger, and then Apple would have to find a nice way to display the info on the screen. prolly not gonna happen unless they realeas a Karoke hook up thing.

i for one would like to see some descent visualizations on that magnificent screen. The PSP recently got an update that incorporated this, and i hope the iPoT does soon as well
  10. Aciidc0der

Aciidc0der Retired Moderator

all previous iPods starting from nano and 5G can display lyrics embedded to the mp3 tags...i personally have a dashboard widget that can add this lyrics automatically to the mp3 file and i also wanna know if theres a way to see them on the iPod Touch!