Lower half touch not responsive

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by clover, Feb 24, 2010.

1. clover

clover New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Heres the story,

I left my 2G non jail broken touch in my backpack and my pop bottle exploded and soaked my touch. At first the screen went all white liney, I threw it into a bag of rice for 2 days and this made the white lines go away but now the unlock screen wasnt working to my touch. It went back into rice for 3 more days and now the top half of the touch works(double tap home button and I can move volume and press play for music) but the "slide to unlock" button still doesnt move when touched. I am out of ideas besides maybe changing the digitizer or something let me know please?
  2. clover

clover New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    update

I reset the ipod thinking that something in the software was wrong so it is rebooted and still same problem
  3. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It wouldn't be a software issue, all you can do is check the water damage indicator in the headphone jack or the connecter. If it is pink, search youtube for help how to fix it and then hope that apple will take it for repair.
  4. clover

clover New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is no pink but i didnt buy it off of apple it was off a store would they still replace or repair it?