Low wifi signal?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FootballerYamato, Aug 8, 2010.

1. FootballerYamato

FootballerYamato Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    When I awake my ipod touch from sleep mode, It has full wifi signal but after 1 minute or so the wifi dies down and go to 1 small bar of wifi. I tried going close to my router and it stayed on 1 bar.
    -
    Um... I started last week and i got this ipod touch 1 month ago, the router worked perfectly with this ipod touch before but now the wifi signal is really low
  2. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah... that happens to me but only when I connect to Wi-Fi on my iPod Touch from far away (like my backyard which is 50 yards long) but I still get a fantastic connection so it doesn't bother me at all.
  3. FootballerYamato

FootballerYamato Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Um... Anyway to boost my wifi signal on my ipod touch? When I load video from youtube, It takes a while since the signal is low
  4. Zedoack

Zedoack Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You're holding it wrong </iPhone 4 joke>

Try it out with a different router. Sounds more like a problem with your router than anything else.
  5. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    LOL DAMN IT Zedoack ! I wanted to pull that joke..

On the other hand, you actually might be holding it wrong. if you cover the iPod's antenna, The Wifi signal may drop.
  6. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It shouldn't. That's weird. If you have SBsettings try using numerical wifi. The lower the number the worse it is (negative numbers are normal) I get a max of 2 with my iPod wifi spot against the antenna of the router and I get about -30 in my room. Your iPod can pickup signals up to about -99 but I don't think it displays anything over about -75 to -80. If you get Wififofum (in cydia now I think) you can see ( and use) signals up to -99.
  7. Duck25

Duck25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i had the same issue with my wife's 8g 3rd gen touch.its stays at 1 bar even if Im next to the router. I noticed that if I search something on the internet everytime its loads info it goes to full bars then its goes back to 1 bar and stays there. even though its does this it works perfectly. i have a 64g 3rd gen touch and it always stays full bars? wonder why it does this. they both work fast though.