Low Space

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by dieselboy27, Apr 11, 2008.

1. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

I had very little space, like 0 left on the 300mb in my 8gb touch. I moved the apps to the other partition, but still only have 38 mbs free. I can ssh into total commander or winscp but I don't know how or where both partitions are. I put some pdfs on there, but I thought it would have been on the bigger partition. How can I tell if it's on the small one or the big one? I don't know what could be taking up so much space on that one partition.
  2. Redshift

Redshift New Member

The big partition is located in the private folder, and everything that is not in the private folder is in the smaller partition. Try relocating fonts as well, if you haven't, that can save quite a bit of space.
  3. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

Strange thing then,.. I deleted my pdfs from var/root/media/pdfs and put them in private/var/root/media/pdf and when back to check and they were in the other folder as well.... that doesn't seem right to me.
  4. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Oh forgot to mention, /var/ is a shortcut to /private/var/.

So /var/ is actually in the big partition.
  5. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

What about /applications? because I moved a file from there and it affected the /var/applications.
  6. Redshift

Redshift New Member

if you moved applications, /applications/ is also a shortcut.