Low-profile video card

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by iPTF_BROWSER, Nov 30, 2008.

1. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    I am looking to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 531s' video card since the existing one sucks.

http://www.google.com/products/cata..._catalog_result&resnum=1&ct=result#ps-sellers

Since my computer is a slim computer the card has to be low profile. I have yet to find a 512mb card for it. Just tell me if this is good enough. And any brief instructions on how to install it inside the comptuer (not software, hardware installation). Thanks

http://www.buy.com/prod/xfx-geforce...press-x16-video-card/q/loc/101/205097705.html

here is another link, i don't know if a graphics adapter is the right thing, is it still a video card?

Oh, and when it says 64-bit video card, do i have to have a 64-bit os installed?
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

i have a slim cpu too. and it's dell too.

i bought a video card and it was not low profile.

but what i did was, i took off the "metal" of my old video card (sorry for the term, i don't know what to call it) and replace it to my new video card, so now it fits.

as you said, you really need a low profile video card.

go for the geforce.
  3. iPTF_BROWSER

Device:
    HTC One
    Well my slim dell video card is not there, it is built in to the motherboard so my pci slot is empty
    and what "metal"
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    he reffering to the slot cover. This will only work tho if you have a metal slot cover for the low profile cards that has the same holes cut in it for the ports on the card you get.
  5. iPTF_BROWSER

Device:
    HTC One
    But removing the slot cover is fine but the actual card would be too big to fit in the slim PC I would have to take off the entire side which is not good
  6. ubunix

ubunix Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You cant change video cards in laptops. Only the really exp*nise gaming laptops have that capibility. The only thing you can do is upgrade the video memory.
  7. iPTF_BROWSER

Device:
    HTC One
    Slim tower desktop, bud.