Low Price, Low Standard?

Discussion in 'October 14, 2008 Event' started by ska18, Oct 11, 2008.

1. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so with everybody talking about super cheap macbooks, im kind of confused.

when you look at other lower priced notebooks they are proced lower because basically the quality of the hardware is lower. less features and less style.

when i think of apple, i think of high end hardware, good OS, great features (built in cam etc) and higher a procepoint.
    when you buy something expensive, you expect what you pay for.

thats what im worried about. i dont think apple would release a stripped-down macbook, basically because thats not the way steve jobs is, and doesent seem like something apple would do. they are all about quality products.

so will we truly see an amazing macbook with a low pricepoint or a stripped down basic macbook which is WORTH the low price.

discuss.
  2. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    i agree with you on the most part, but i think they are trying to expand into more of the consumer world, and they wouldn't completely strip it down, just give the new, regular priced macbooks some advantages, as well as knocking off some unnecessary features, like the webcam, for example. but not completely tearing it down and making the company look bad

something that wouldnt surprise me to be in the regular priced models would be an accelerometer, they're putting it in everything with a screen these days
  3. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    You put a brand name on something and it becomes more expensive.
    If Apple want to make a statement - Now would be the time to do it. You don't have to pay loads to get amazing quality.

If they reduced the price of their laptops, they would get SO many more customers. The main issue with Appl products is the price, and they've realised that with the iPhone and Nano and Touch and every other iPod they reduced in price this year - Macbooks could be next to follow suit.
  4. thepachman

thepachman New Member

The other thing to realize is that it's rumored that Apple has come up with their own manufacturing process for the laptop bodies, which means they do not have to outsource the production of them. That lowers the cost significantly of the manufacturing process.
  5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I thought about this also...
  6. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    accelerometer would be good in the new notebooks. it could help with shock protection and detection, to work with hard drive safety. of course it could double for games or something else. the way i see it, is if they put it in a nano, then it will be in a notebook.
  7. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    that's also very true, maybe they will make the 800$ MacBooks white and black plastic while full price would be aluminum just a thought
  8. thepachman

thepachman New Member

My Macbook already has an accelerometer. It is mounted on the HD to prevent shock. Just download the program "Seismac" to see this.
  9. jetracer

jetracer Member

why would you want an accelerometer for anything less than hdd protection.. what are you gonna do hold your 6lb laptop up and slightly tilt it side to side? imho thats a waste of time and money.
  10. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    could be used for many things, games, or a seismometer
    they could create a pad with ball bearings so that you could swivel it around. there could be monkey ball, or things like that