iOS 4.0 Low Battery Bug

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Cokegod, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Cokegod

Cokegod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I recently jailbroke my iPod Touch 2G (MB model) with redsn0w, I enabled wallpapers, multitasking, battery percentage and custom boot logo.
    Yesterday my iPod shut down because it had low battery, and when I turned it on, where the low battery icon should have appeared there was only black screen, but I could see the screen is on.
    When I connected my iPod to a power source and waited for the battery recharging icon, all my screen went green.
    It took some minutes (as if it was on the battery recharging icon) and then booted and showed my custom boot logo.
    After that my iPod did work as it should.

Anyone else had this bug?
  2. gdscei

gdscei New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's not good, if you combine multitasking AND background. The background really makes the battery go down, together with multitasking, it is even worse. Probably you also use some MobileSubstrate addons like SBSettings, Winterboard, that kind of stuff. I would suggest jailbreaking again, now with only multitasking selected (battery percentage doesn't matter), not background. Then you can use a special jailbreak app for background image (forgot the name). Just try, it will work WAY better.
  3. T-N-Z

T-N-Z Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea the battery dosen't showing up for me too , just black screen
    And multitasking didin't couse this becouse on my ipod 2g mb wallpapers and multitasking is disabled , i only have winterboard installed. I think this is iOS 4 bug
  4. tellmewhentogo

tellmewhentogo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is also happening to me.

My iPod Touch is charging through my computer, but it's only stuck at 87%. Maybe I should rejailbreak without multitasking?
  5. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mine is working fine. Download iBlanks and enable the no icon shadow theme in Winterboard.
  6. tellmewhentogo

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ Is it possible that my battery percentage is only staying at 88% because I have Winterboard, SBSettings, and Mobile Substrate on?

I'm not using any theme, btw.
  7. gdscei

gdscei New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it might still be redsn0w.. it is a beta.
  8. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My iPod Touch 2g runs perfectly fine with multitasking wallpaper and verboose on. I never used winterboard but I do have it, I have sbsettings and mobile substrate on. My iPod runs with 30mb ram running about 5 backgrounded things, IM, Games, and installers. I don't think multitasking would be the problem guys.
  9. tellmewhentogo

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ Yeah, I mean mine is running fine, but the battery seems to be draining rather quickly.

And the fact that it stays at 87%/88% even after hours of charging is a red flag.
  10. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I didn't think the 2g was able to multitask?