love touch, hate apple

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mobius128, Oct 8, 2007.

?

Do you think JailBreak should be valid even if apple says no?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2008.
  1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. mobius128

mobius128 New Member

I love my new Itouch for all the great things it can do, but i very much despise the software. awhile ago i tried to save a txt document, i couldnt do it because of the srtict rules. then not too long ago from now, i tried to place photos from another computer. it was hard as hell. i first had to convert the files to jpeg atleast. then when i go to sync the files it shows the ones needing conversion. and finally, when i sync it all, it asks if i want to erase all previous pics. I SAID NO. you know what it said? no sync for you!! Mother F'n A.

Please Register or Log in to view images

i got so pi$$ed that i had to earse other pics just to add pics. it even asked me about the album art, i can only hope it stayed the same. any one else have the same or simlar grudge? ive sent lots of messages to apple, it seems as if they turn a blind eye to me, any one else feel the same way?

LONG LIVE JAILBREAK!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

PS: i was typing this on the touch when out of nowhere it shut off saffari and went to the home screen after i typed a paragraph earasing all forcing me to redo it faster on my pc.
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    i hate it when safari boots me off the web.
  3. Desertd

Desertd New Member

same here it just stops
  4. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i love apple, just hate SJ.
  5. mobius128

mobius128 New Member

what's SJ?
  6. hugo

hugo New Member

steve jobs
  7. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Definitly agree with you on that one.
  8. wonderings

wonderings New Member

Not an apple fanboy by anymeans, and I swear no loyalty to any corporation. But I do not believe Apple would be where it is today without Steve Jobs.
  9. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Well quite. It was Steve Jobs who recognised Jonathan Ives' talent and brought him to Apple to design the original iMac, and all the iMacs and iPods (including your touch) since.

It was Steve Jobs that steered Apple away from being a failing computer only manufacturer on the verge of bankruptcy into a HUGE media and consumer electronics firm.

I'm not making excuses for some of their bad decisions, and back stabbing - I'm just saying credit where credit is due.
  10. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Wasn't it Jobs that made them a failing computer company in the first place? People talk about Microsoft's monopolistic behaivor while Apple quietly continues to produce propietary hardware and software applications.

I am no Apple hater and they have certainly done some great things for "Ease of Use" and graphical interfaces in general. Their recent products, however, show a lack of vision or understanding of their customers. Why in the world would you build a smartphone that can't integrate with Windows Exchange email? Why would you build a high-end PMP that is limited in its expansion capabilities (memory and 3rd party applications)?

In many ways it is disappointing but if you want the company to survive and bring the products you want to market you have to offer some support. As such I have enjoyed my iPod Shuffle (gen1) and am looking forward to getting my Touch (today, hopefully).

PS - I voted No in the Poll. I think it is really Apple's call as to whether they open up the Touch/iPhone or not. I can see advantages to having 3rd party support but I can also see problems too. As long as the product does what I need it to do I don't need to "jailbreak" it.