Lots of ipod problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DeltaBurnt, Jul 20, 2009.

1. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so this is my first day having my ipod, I ordered it from apple a 2g 8 GB Refurb. It all worked pretty good at first, it came with 2.2.1 and then I decided to download a app to test and I downloaded the free app "Are you a moron?" and it worked fine. I then downloaded "Zippo Virtual Lighter" because my brother told me about it, so it downloaded and I synced it. My brother snatched it out of my hand before I could run it and he ran it, it went to a black screen then came right back to the homescreen. I decided to resync it and still nothing. I restarted my ipod, changed a few settings and still NOTHING. So I then decided to just download bubble wrap and the same thing happened. So I deleted all 3 from my ipod and then deleted Zippo from my library then redownloaded it.

Then when it finished downloading it started processing forever so I just reopened itunes and it said the download was done but it didn't show up. I ignored it and tried syncing one last time and this time when I clicked to sync all apps in the library (Are you a moron?, and Bubblewrap) the syncing screen came up on my ipod but it didn't say it was syncing in itunes then when it said it was syncing in itunes the normal ipod springboard showed up.

It backed up in the middle of the sync, then it finished syncing saying Are you a moron? was not a valid app and bubblewrap was added successfully. Then I goto try and run bubblewrap and I get the same problem.

Why am I getting all these app crashes and syncing problems? I haven't jailbroken and I'm on dialup but remember Are you a Moron? worked the first time. Oh yah and I did try restoring but then it started downloading a ipod "update" which was about 300 mb and 300 mb on dialup is like a 3 day download. The first time I connected it to itunes to set it all up it didn't need to download anything, can't it just do what it did the first time I connected?

Agh please help

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Another thing is that for some reason whenever I tryed to restore it never gave me the option to use a backup or start from scrtch it just asked me if I wanted to backup before restore and that's all.
  2. iTouch_You

iTouch_You New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just do a DFU+Restore. Fixes everything.
  3. TearsOfFire

TearsOfFire New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The fw was already on the iPod when you bought it. You most likely need to DFU and restore (redownload the firmware file and install it again) - See if you can find someone who has a faster internet connection and do it at their place or something.
  4. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    *DFU

*Restore

*Update to 3.0
    That'll fix all your bug issues
  5. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    He's on dialup.
  6. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    so he better get started

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. iTouch_You

iTouch_You New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That must suck, try getting the 3.0 from your friend or something.
  8. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Ouch, well if I were him I'd use a friends computer or same thing as flyingguitar said.
  9. d.wig

d.wig New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I use to be on dialup, it sucks living out too far for cable or even standard dsl.
    but anyways, a firmware of about 297mb will take a dialup speed connection of 56k about 12 hours, i am not sure if the download will be complete or will fail during that long period of time, but starting at night would be best.
  10. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

OMG 12 hours...that's like two days of school.