Lost Purchased Songs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Blonderator, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Blonderator

Blonderator New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I received an iTunes gift card and purchased an album through the iPod Touch. However, I have the iPod set to let me manually manage my music, and when I connected it to my computer, it failed to download the songs to the computer.
    I then proceeded to drag the songs from the "Purchased" playlist on the iPod to my library, but this wouldn't work.

Then I went into iTunes and used the "Check For Purchases" Feature, but it told me all of my purchases have been downloaded to my computer. I can see the songs that they charged my account for in the itunes store, but it wont let me report a problem or download them to my computer.

So I wasted my money on an album through iTunes that I'm unable to play on any of my computers now.

Is there any way to download songs after iTunes thinks they've been downloaded?
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you downloaded them on your ipod and want to transfer them to your computer, right click on your ipod icon in itunes, and hit "transfer purchases"
  3. Blonderator

Blonderator New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Wow, I feel stupid. Thanks.
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no problem man. i had the same problem when i was new to the ipod scene. somebody else told me what i just told you so dont feel stupid

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. hypnotiza23

hypnotiza23 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The same exact thing happened to me. I asked Apple about it and they gave me a free song credit to make up for the two that i lost

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yup - don't forget that if you lose songs somehow, you can always ping Apple. They'll often give credits or let you redownload the songs/videos again. They're usually pretty good about that in my experience.
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I didn't know about the right click thing either. After that, I familiarzed myself with i-tunes better. There are lots of features I didn't know about.

The first time I went to add a few pictures, and i-tunes deleted EVERYTHING on my ipod, I was sooo pissed off. I still think the 'sync' feature is dumb.