lost photos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brianthelion, Mar 22, 2009.

1. brianthelion

brianthelion New Member

recently my hard drive died and i didnt have all my photos backed up but about 90% of my photos are on my ipod touch (first gen) does anyone have anysuggestions on how to retrieve the photos because i have a new hard drive so when i hook it up to the computer itunes wants to format the ipod and i dont want to do that any suggestions on how to get my photos off
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    idk if this works with the 1G but i know it works with 2G but go ahead and try it ok so first plug in your ipod now if itunes pops up close it or minimize it go to the bottom left of the screen and press the start bar then your little menu will pop up now open "Computer" now go to the little tab thing that says Portable Devices under it should be a Folder/file called "Apple Ipod" double click it now double click "Internal Storage" now open "DCIM" now click "999Apple"or w/e then when it opens their is all your pictures hope i helped
  3. Renteura

Renteura Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure you have to download a 3rd party program to do it, I don't remember what I used when I recovered my photos, but Google something like "iPod photo recovery" and see if you can find anything.

999Apple is saved screenshots, not synced photos.
  4. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    you can ssh to the DCIM folder on ur ipod and there will be a 100 apple and there you go!