Lost Notes and Calendar

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zagorath, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Zagorath

Zagorath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I recently synced my iPod Touch up with my new Mac. Previously it was synced with my old Windows PC. I made sure that the option to sync notes, and to sync with iCal events was ON, because I wanted to sync from my iPod Touch to my Mac. Previously neither notes nor events were on my new computer.

Since the sync was complete, all my music and videos have synced correctly, but my notes and events have ALL been ERASED from the iPod. I'm pretty confident that I could get them back by restoring from the backup on my Windows PC, but that would take a long time, given all the gigabytes of music and videos I have. If at all possible, I'd like to be able to get my notes back without needing to restore.

If it's not possible, and I do have to restore, then I need a way to—after I've restored—sync back up to my Mac (this is going to take hours to restore, then hours more to sync back to the Mac), and not lose my notes and events this time. Without using any apps: jailbroken or otherwise.

Also, a random point, where do the notes go? I know that on Windows I could edit and add notes in Outlook. Where and how can this be done in Mac OS?

Thanks for any help I get. It's really appreciated.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    In case it makes a difference, I'm running 3.1.2, and want to upgrade to 4.x after this problem is solved. But only AFTER it's solved.

Here are some more details on the matter of the upgrade I plan on doing, in case it makes any difference:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306579

I'm sorry if all this is too long to read, but I really need to get this fixed, and I REALLY appreciate the help.
  2. Zagorath

Zagorath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Here's a simplified version of what I'm asking about:

Is my only option to restore onto my Windows computer and then sync back up to my Mac? And if I do that, how will I prevent it from losing my notes and calendar events?