Lost Notes and Calendar events

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zagorath, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Zagorath

Zagorath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    After syncing my iPod Touch with my Mac for the first time (after having used it with my PC previously), I lost all my calendar entries and notes. How can I get these back?

I asked previously, but received no replies.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306755

Please, I'm getting desperate to get these back, especially the notes—some of which were for school.

Despite what I said in the other post, I do not see any way of syncing back to my PC first, because I can't see how that would get my notes and calendar events back, although I could be wrong. It may just be that I don't know how to do it.
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Did you have your notes synced to a notes/calendar capable program, such as Microsoft Outlook, on your PC?
  3. Zagorath

Zagorath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No. When syncing with my Mac, I made sure NOT to press "Replace information on this iPod" on Calendars and Notes, although I did for bookmarks and contacts. I was expecting the notes and events to by synced from the iPod to the computer. I DID have "sync iCal calendars" selected.
  4. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well if you didn't restore from a clean backup, and you didn't replace the information on the iPod, I see absolutely no reason for the info to be gone. Hopefully someone else can help you. Sorry.
  5. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    When you move to a new computer, all data [excluding apps] are deleted and the data from the new computer syncs with your iPod. if you deselect Sync Calendars and Sync notes, it just wont sync them, but they are still erased since uoi moved to a new computer. if the calendars and notes are still on your old computer, just transfer them to your new computer and sync from there.
  6. Zagorath

Zagorath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Unfortunately they aren't on my old computer, I tended to write and read notes on my iPod, and only used the iPod's notifications of events, so I never synced with Outlook. Does this mean there is no way to get the notes and events back? I thought iTunes did a backup of the raw data on the iPod each time it's synced.
  7. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It does. Just restore your iPod to that backup if you still have it.
  8. Zagorath

Zagorath New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've tried that, on both computers: PC first, then the Mac. But for whatever reason, neither of them restored my missing notes. I actually only just tried that just after my last post here, because previous to that I couldn't figure out how. I always thought it kept each backup, but I suppose it has synced with my PC (the computer it was synced with when the notes were working) at some point in between the problem occurring, and me restoring. Although I don't remember that happening, or why I would have allowed it to happen.
  9. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Do you have a list of backups to choose to restore from? I always have several, from a few different points in the past.
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

lost notes

I'm really cursing my IPOD now, I also lost my NOTES. Just a simple prompt on the menu to state that NOTES will be lost when doing a restore would have been enough to prompt me to export my notes first. After a restore, all my notes with really useful stuff on all gone, I'm not at all impressed. Version 4.1 software. Reason I did a restore was my IPOD played up, all icons went super-big, and I couldnt operate the POD properly, so I tried for the 1st time a restore ... and its fine its working, but all settings including note files gone. Settings I expected to vanish, but Notes I was surprised. c*ck.