Lost my music due to change of info.plist file when trying to make app invisible

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zwolff, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Zwolff

Zwolff New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I learnt about the Demoapp, that is hidden from the springboard, from another thred in the app section in this forum.
    I thought that if one can make the Demoapp visible by changing the info.plst, one can make the maps application invisible in the same way. I dont need the maps icon there if i use Maps offline.
    So when i changed the info.plist file belonging to maps and the rebooted the maps app disapeared from springboard and also stoped working when lounched from maps offline.
    A other wierd thing is that att the same time all my music and videos disapeared.

Why would the music, that is compleatly unrelated to the maps application, vanish when the info.plist file is edited?
    Is it posible to hide an application from springboard and still have it working? How?

I cant get the maps aplication to work again if i change the info.plist back to the way it was but i think i can live without maps for 10 days, and then upgrade to 2,0
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    this sounds like it was from my tutorials.....

Sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images