Lost ipod touch but found...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by -lkv-, May 1, 2010.

1. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Okay so today as i was at the mall, checking out some new accessories for my ipad and i had my ipod touch 16gb 2g on me at the moment, i went to use the bathroom and my cousin wanted to play games, so as i came back my cousin said he went to talk to his friend and turn around to notice my ipod touch wasnt there anymore.So i was pissed off i was like about to beat him up but then out of the blue as i turn around to look in the closest place, bench, bags, trash, boom right there i found an iPhone 3gs black with severe scratch in the back and crack screen and battery was out, so i was like yes bby. I took it home and charge it up, after about 3 hours i took a look and the iphone was on 3.1.2 mc model jailbroken, i look and it said at the top searching.... No service so i took out the sim card holder and look to find a prepaid sim card. What should i do next? I got myself an iphone 3gs 32gb white as well... Any clues what i should do?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    call apple and tell them the serial number, that might help them find the owner if they bought it from ATT
  3. paintball25x

paintball25x New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow, how weird is that. Whoever stole your iPod prolly gave you a crappy iPhone... That sucks, I would keep it to find out who's it is, because that might be who stole your iPod. Mabye they felt bad so they left you a crappy iPhone..... Who knows
    sorry to here that though...

Any chance your cousin stole the iPod and said he "lost" it?
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1 Restore it (if shshs area backed up)
    2 have the screen get fixed
    3 sell it for 500/600$ on ebay or craiglist as an unlocked iphone

Please Register or Log in to view images

4 Buy a new ipod/iphone
  5. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Lol i did earlier but they said the iphone i found have no owner and said did the iphone had a sim card or any sorts and i said prepaid and the guy was laughing at me and i was like well thanks

to paintball, who knows? But i think its worth it, i can swap out the screen and buff the back out with my old 16gb iphone 3g
  6. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd totally do this. Or just fix it and use it to hack. Keep the white one good. Or, keep one JB 3.1.2 and install 4.0 on the other, so you have the best of both worlds.
  7. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

1. I already did, shsh was back up from cydia
    2. Im working on that right now using my old iphone 3g parts
    3. Well see if i will sell it
    4. Nah i already got the ipad 3g, iphone 3gs and ipod touch 3g( not my ipod touch 2g 16gb)
    ------------------double post merged------------------

Oh yeah thanks, i might just do that, keep the black for unlock and put 4.0 beta on my white one to test out stuff
  8. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good idea...

I'd personally do it the other way round (White for Unlock) because the White one is in better condition/the one you want to look after?

Seeing as you found the black one, wouldn't you care a little less about it and hack like crazy?

Well I'm not you, but that's what I would do.
  9. paintball25x

paintball25x New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow, well even if he did take it... the 3gs is worth alot more I guess

so I wouldn't mind.
    so good for you

I wish I was that lucky. Hopefully you didn't have any personal data on your lost iPod X(
  10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I mean you could sell it in case you wanna get the new iphone that comes out in june, and it is also safer to sell the iphone just in case, because if the owner reports it at&t would block it from their network