lost everything

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xxadri, May 13, 2008.

1. xxadri

xxadri New Member

i lost all my music from my ipod touch....but my ipod still says i have 2 gb's of other stuff being used up.....i didnt have photos or videos any idea on how i can see what they are?
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Welcome to the iPod touch Fans forums by the way!

If you have said you already 'lost' your music and other media content, then you should just restore. Go into iTunes and press the 'Restore' button to restore to Firmware 1.1.4 or hold down SHIFT and select a different firmware file (You must download these files, download links can be found in my iPod touch Reference, link to that thread is in my signature).
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you should hit reset all settings and content
    in the settings app
    then resync
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you restore and space is still being used up, it is because that space is needed for the firmware and other program files; so a 16 GB iPod touch really only has 14.8 GB of space availible to the user.
  5. simply_muzik

simply_muzik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that happened to me when i updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 and jailbroke using ziphone. it said i only had 8 gb free( i have 16gb touch) and then when i ssh into my ipod i see that all my music, photo, and videos are still there. they just dont show up after i updated to 1.1.4 and jailbroke. i just ended up doing restore and rejailbreaking with ziphone. it fixed everything. should work for you to!