Lost apps after 3.0 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by sakurarocket, Aug 16, 2009.

1. sakurarocket

sakurarocket New Member

Okay, so I finally decided to take the plunge and just upgraded to 3.0. The problem is that I also lost a great deal of my apps. I thought that maybe that's because it was jailbroken and had categories on it, but that makes no sense either as a couple of my apps are still on there that were previously in folders.

Anyway, when I go into the app store to see if I can download any of the apps I had it tells me that the app is already on my ipod, but there is no icon and when I go into search and search for it nothing turns up. I have already tried synching my apps, but that isn't working either. Oh, also it still has the same amount of space taken up on it as before, so it does seem that the apps are hiding out somewhere.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions? Maybe if I jailbreak it again (which I plan on doing anyway)...

Ugh, this is so annoying! I was a sucker and paid $10 for this!?
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Restore sounds like best option.

Like you said, try re-jailbrake then install catagories and see if they show up, or even poof may make them appear.
  3. sakurarocket

sakurarocket New Member

If I restore will I lose my files? All of my music files are still on my comp, but my videos not so much. I've never done restore before except for with an ipsw, so I have no idea what restore on its own actually does. I'm assuming I'll lose my videos?
  4. FrankSinatra

FrankSinatra New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are your apps in iTunes?

You bought your apps, right?
  5. sakurarocket

sakurarocket New Member

Yes, these are bought and paid for itunes apps. I knew that my cydia apps would go away...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I went ahead and jailbreaked 3.0 and sure enough, if I go into categories there is everything sitting pretty right where I can access it. I should have known better, but at least I didn't lose everything

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    ah glad you fixed it, and didnt have to restore.

fyi, a restore sets everything back to original state so you would lose everything on device, so back up

Please Register or Log in to view images