Lost app icons after updating to 3.0 jb

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by intopuddles, Jun 20, 2009.

1. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is probably a really easy fix, and it's primarily my fault that I didn't prepare better. Basically I was using the great Categories app, which, as some of you know, lets me organize my icons into folders. When I updated to firmware to 3.0 today, I lost all the icons to my Cydia apps. I was originally just going to reinstall them, hoping the settings would all still be there. The problem though is that Cydia was in a folder Category, so now I can't access it. Is this as easy as just SSHing into the Applications folder and copying the apps back? And if so, while all the app settings remain?
  2. slucas

slucas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem, i went and did a restore to wipe the device then rejailbroke. pulled up all my old purchase emails, and redownloaded everything lol. Probly the sucky way of doing it. Not sure what the easy fix would be.
  3. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

You hoped the theme was gonna still be there? You did a full restore. I backed up all my themes. Only thing I lost was my application data. I cant fully understand your question though.
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Go to Settings then restrictions check all of them then uncheck them and your apps should be back