Lost all songs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moose21, Feb 25, 2008.

1. moose21

moose21 New Member

While attempting to sync a video from my library (using itunes) to my iPod touch today (unsuccessfully, I might add) I somehow lost every song I had. My itunes library is composed of music from everybody in my family, and it is still there. The problem is that I don't always add music to my library before putting it on to my iPod, and I also had every song modified to my liking on my iPod, but not in the library.

Is there any way I can get my songs back?
    1 person likes this.
  2. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Resync them. If you have your music files then just add all the music you want into the library again and sync.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

just a thought, this has never happened to me..when u sync to itunes does it tell u how much audio u have, if it is still there then it may have been moved from its original location. if the audio capacity is small or none then u must have lost all ur songs and will have to resync. others may have more ideas
  4. moose21

moose21 New Member

That's the problem, I don't have all of the music files on my computer anymore. I adjusted every file in order to include the correct information (album cover, etc.), but only on my iPod. In hindsight, I realize that that was idiotic, but now I'm stuck with the consequences. There wouldn't happen to be any restore type thing (one that doesn't erase anything)?
  5. moose21

moose21 New Member

Nah, I checked, all audio is gone. Thanks, though.
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

no any restore takes it back to factory settings, so no music. it seems ur stuck, again if anyone has any ideas, so id just suggest re-downloading and backing it up on a flash drive next time, that is wut ive done..srry i couldnt be much of a help
  7. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same thing just happened to me after adding a couple albums to a playlist that I sync from. I lost over half of my music, and am slowly syncing back. I'm guessing that its just a glitch in iTunes? But I dunno.
  8. moose21

moose21 New Member

I'm really beginning to hate this sync feature...What's the point? If you want to get an entire library on to your iPod, you can just highlight all. If you want to add an individual song to from your library to your iPod, that takes 2 seconds...
  9. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

I don't know. Why does Apple do half the things that they do?
    In my [oh so humble] opinion, the guys who came up with the iPod touch are morons. The programmers do fine, but some decisions I disagree with.
  10. appletouch08

appletouch08 New Member

same thing happend to me today when i tried to sync a video i lost all my music. What to do now? i dont want to re-sync all the music in my itunes library, that would take forever. Must be an easier way?