Lost a CD/New computer

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by CA$HMONEY, Jul 6, 2009.

1. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I purchased the 3.0 update for my 1st gen ipod touch and realized that it didn't transfer over one of my purchased cds.

I just got a new computer last week and don't have the old one with the cd on it. If I click to download the cd again will it charge me again or say that I've already purchased under my username?

Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try authorizing the computer, then Store > "Check for Available Downloads" from iTunes, along with "Transfer Purchases".
  3. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I tried the check for available downloads but it said I didn't have any available...
  4. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You sure your logged into the same account as your old computer?
  5. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yeah it's the only account i've ever had... thanks for your help I really appreciate it... I'm trying to transfer the purchases...what's crazy is that I lost some of my purchases after I upgraded to 3.0
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I didn't buy it through itunes on my computer, I used my ipod touch and a wifi connection to d/l it
  6. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, if you have the receipt in your eMail saying that you have purchased that, you can report a problem to Apple, and they might be able to recover. To do that:

Go to iTunes Store > Click on your account name in the top right side, input password > Click purchase history (in the middle of that page) > Click in the (->) on the date that you purchased the CD (if you don't remember, just look at the details, it should say) > Once you (hopefully) find the CD you should click the "Report a Problem" button at the bottom, and then "Report a Problem" next to your CD > Fill out (it should be IIRC) "I did not receive this item" on the next page, and fill out explanation why you didn't get it (new computer etc) and then wait for an email.

Phew, hope you get it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: just saw your edit. Your purchase details should still appear in your eMail, and you should still be able to follow the above rambling.
  7. CA$HMONEY

CA$HMONEY New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I just checked and I have the PayPal receipt in my email so I'm going to try what you said....thanks so much