Lost 3rd gen iTouch forced upgrade. The 4th gen is great!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Deaj, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Deaj

Deaj New Member

Last week I lost my 3rd gen 32GB iPod touch (actually it may have been stolen but it's gone regardless). While I use my iTouch for some entertainment and media functions it's mostly a PDA for me, a tool I use all the time. Since I rely on it on the job quite a bit I checked the next day to make sure I hadn't left it in any possible location from the morning it went missing and then ordered a replacement.

It's replacement - a 32GB 4th gen iTouch - arrived today. So far I'm finding it to be an improvement all the way around! The sharper corner on the front edge makes it feel as though I have a more positive grip on it. It does feel a bit slimmer. The Retina display is fantastic! The camera will be useful, especially if I can find an app that will store numerical information from a barcode (the barcode reading function as tested is cool). Performance seems snappy. All in all I'm pleased with the 4th gen iTouch!
  2. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The 4th generation iOS devices are quite nice compared to previous generations
  3. Jordy CDS

Jordy CDS Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Does yours have a yellowy screen tint? But like said, The 4G feels a lot more solid than previous gens.
  5. TexasJr

TexasJr Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How did you get it replaced through loss? Like did you have insurance? from where? warranty?
  6. Deaj

Deaj New Member

Didn't mean to imply that I'd received a replacement through some kind of coverage. I ordered a 4th gen online after my iTouch went missing. It's a forced upgrade but a good one.
  7. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    yes sir! a VERY good one at that!
    congrats on the purchase! amazing product! i am not dissapointed
  8. TexasJr

TexasJr Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  9. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

Congrats on the purchase! Seems like a great device!
  10. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Yep they are great, but the build quality for iPod touch devices specifically has become worse every year.

The 1st gens were nicely built, strong, durable, no random problems with the hardware.

The 2nd gens were nice too, but there were problems with the home button that people complained about.

The 3rd gens had a front panel that was loose, a glitchy home button, spots of light on the screen, and faulty Wi-Fi.

The 4th gens seem to have all of the problems that people complained about with the other gens and more!