iOS 4.0 Lost 3G when updated to iOS4...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by pgenereux, Jun 24, 2010.

1. pgenereux

pgenereux Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi. I have a really weird issue, so please bear with me as I explain it. Prior to updating to iOS4 I transferred purchases and backed everything up. The iOS4 update went without any issues. However, my 3G internet doesn't work. If I switch to WIFI the internet works, but no longer with 3G.

I restored my phone on another iTunes and everything started working again. However, all of my contact, pictures, etc. were gone. So I then restored from my backup and everything came back, but the internet no longer worked again.

Is it possible that my backup is corrupt? I thought the backup didn't effect the firmware? I just want my internet to work without losing my contacts, pictures, etc. Any ideas?
  2. BlackBurningIce

BlackBurningIce New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go under settings->general->network and make sure cellular data is on. After that make sure 3G is on too... A few people have had the same issue so i think it's an ios 4 bug... If that doesn't work mine got fixed from restoring in recovery mode but backup before doing that
  3. pgenereux

pgenereux Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I appreciate the reply. I already verified that all the network settings were correct. Stupid question, how do I restore in recovery mode? I've been restoring from the 'Summary' tab in iTunes?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well I just restored from recovery mode and restored from my backup and....my 3G internet still doesn't work. Is there anyone else out there experiencing this? Is my backup corrupt?